Its vital that all patients, carers and medical professionals work together to raise the level of knowledge about WM, encourage people to enter clinical trials and report back on the latest research. We at WMUK are all volunteers. We know most of you have little spare time in coping with the disease, caring or working, but if you can help in some way that would be magnificent. More specifically we need people to:
- Help with Meetings- by stewarding or being a 'helpful patient'
- Help by becoming a member of the advisory board of WMUK if you can contribute useful skills.
- Organising fund raising events.
- Making a donation, however small, which will be recorded and acknowledged. We can use small donations to help with day to day running costs. We can always find a home for larger donations at specialist hospitals and research facilities dealing with WM.
- Adding to our website case studies and 'patient tales' wall . See the exisiting case studies as an example.
- Sending us information about your treatment history so we can build up a picture of centres of WM excellence round the UK to help the newly diagnosed. This should include the address of the hospital, consultant's name and your comments.
If you can help, just send us an email and we will be in touch.
Contact Via Email