Like many small charities, we are feeling the impact of COVID-19 on our funding sources, with community fundraising events like sports challenges, pub quizzes and coffee mornings across the country having been cancelled, resulting in a significant drop in our income.
By joining in The 2.6 Challenge for WMUK, you can help us raise money so that we can continue to be here for anyone affected by WM, now and in the future.
The 2.6 Challenge will launch on Sunday 26 April. This should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day fundraising event. Organisers are now inviting us all to dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate to their chosen charity to help save the UK’s Charities.
How can I join in?
Taking part is easy. Whatever your age or ability, there are lots of ways you, your family and friends can get involved in The 2.6 Challenge. Simply choose any activity you like - as long as it's got the numbers 2 and 6 in it and (ensuring that you follow Government guidelines on exercise and social distancing!)
The 2.6 Challenge encourages people to get active, but absolutely anything counts – big or small, sporty or not. If you’re looking for some inspiration, you could:
- Run, walk or cycle 2.6 miles
- Hop, skip, jump or juggle for 26 minutes
- Do 26 minutes of yoga
- Organise a treasure hunt for 26 items in 26 minutes with your children
- Bake 26 cupcakes
- Create 26 doodles in 2.6 minutes
- Impress your friends online by recording yourself singing or playing a musical instrument for 2.6 minutes
The most important things are that you have fun, raise as much as you can for WMUK and stick within the Government’s guidelines on exercising once a day, social distancing, shielding and not meeting with people outside of your household (we can’t stress this enough).
How much do I need to fundraise?
The sky's the limit! Just head to https://twopointsixchallenge.justgiving.com where you can either:
- Make a donation to WMUK and help us continue our work, or set up an online Justgiving page and ask all your friends and family to sponsor you.
- Complete your challenge!
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter and share a photo or video of your challenge using the official hashtag #TwoPointSixChallenge - but don’t forget to tag WMUK so we can see and share your amazing efforts too!
There is incredible support building for this campaign from UK Government, Sport England, the BBC, Institute of Fundraising, Virgin Money Giving and JustGiving amongst others. Please join us to help raise £67 million for the UK’s charities by the end of April – if 2.6 million people fundraise or donate £26, we’ll get there!
Thank you for helping to Save the UK’s Charities – including WMUK.
If you'd like further information on how to get involved, please contact us at email@example.com