If you’ve already got an idea of what you would like to do we'd love to hear all about it, so please email us at email@example.com or call us on 020 3096 7858. Whether you’re taking part in an organised event or thinking of organising your own, we would love to support you and make sure your fundraising goes exactly as planned.
Gather friends, family or colleagues to organise your own fundraising event for WMUK. To help, we've put together some hints and tips to think about when planning your event:
Who do you want to come to your event? Work colleagues, friends, family?
What kind of event do you want to organise?
Where is your event going to be?
When do you want to do your fundraising? Pick a date and time that gives you time to get organised and that people will be available to come.
How much do you want to raise, and how will your event help you to do that?
Why are you fundraising for WMUK? Let people know how your event is going to help WMUK improve the quality of life and survival of people with WM by providing support, and ultimately finding a cure.
Health and safety - we want everyone attending your event to have lots of fun. So it's important that before your event you make sure you've sought the right permissions and thought about the health and safety of yourself and everyone participating.
Let us know about your event - we’re here to support you as much as possible!
A bike ride, a hike, a bake-off, a sponsored swim… there are lots of ways you can help WMUK raise funds, but if you're feeling stuck for ideas, we've put together a few suggestions to hopefully get you started:
Pub quiz – ask your local landlord if they will let you run a pub quiz. You host the night and guests pay to play. Simple... but the questions might not be!
Ready Steady Cook – a twist on the classic dinner party! Invite your friends over and ask them to each bring a different ingredient, but don’t let them tell you what they’re bringing. Prepare your guests a dish with all the ingredients they have brought, and ask them to donate what they think the meal was worth!
- Bake sale – these are always very popular at work! Ask colleagues to bring a cake or sweet treat, and we’ll send you a collection box for donations.
- Sweepstake – invite your colleagues to guess how much you will raise! Ask for a donation per guess and keep half the proceeds as a prize fund. Whoever guesses closest to your final total wins the fund!
- Dress down day – one of the easiest ways to fundraise in your workplace. Simply ask everyone to make a donation to come into work in either their favourite sports club t-shirt, band, or just their finest comfy attire!
- Sell a skill – share your talent, be that face painting, cooking lessons, manicures or makeovers - simply ask for a donation to WMUK in return.
- Golf charity day – are you a member of a golf club? Holding an event with club members is an excellent way to raise money. If you’re holding a post-game dinner, why not ask for donations to attend, and include a raffle or auction?
- Bingo and Karaoke – get everyone involved with a bingo or karaoke night! Ask you local pub landlord, or perhaps look to host an event in your local community hall. Ask guests for a donation to join, and approach local businesses or companies for prizes.
If you would like any further help or advice with your fundraising ideas, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 3096 7858.
If you've been lucky enough to secure a place in an organised event such as the London Marathon, Great North Run or the London Parks Half Marathon, we'd love you to join our team as an own place fundraiser. If you'd like any advice or support on how to apply for ballot places for a particular event please get in touch with us to find out how we can help support your efforts.
Set up a fundraising page
Setting up an online giving page is an easy way to fundraise for your event or challenge, as it allows people to quickly and easily donate to your cause and all donations that are made through your page will come directly to us.
Our preferred online giving platform is JustGiving, however please feel free to use whichever platform you feel most comfortable with. Simply click on either of the links below to create your own customisable page and to set your fundraising target:
We've listed some tips below to help you get the most from your fundraising page:
- Personalise your page show everyone how much effort you’re putting into your fundraising - include pictures or videos and details of your training plan if applicable
- Share some facts about how your sponsorship is helping people affected by WM, as well as personal reasons you may have for fundraising. People are more likely to donate if they know what a difference their money will make.
- Spread the word. Tell everyone you know! Email friends, family and colleagues the link to your fundraising page so it’s easy for people to sponsor you. You can share the page on Facebook and Twitter too
If you would prefer to collect cash donations and would like a paper sponsorship form, please contact us on 020 3096 7858 or email email@example.com
Congratulations – all the hard work is over and you can now relax, but just before you do that, here are a couple of things to do now to make sure you really make the most out of your event:
- Say thanks - Make sure to thank everyone who was involved and let them know how much you’ve raised – they’ll really appreciate it. A surprising number of donations are received after the event has finished, so thanking everybody could prompt anyone who still hasn’t donated to do so.
- Let us know how it went – how did your fundraising go? We'd love to hear from you, so don't forget to send us your photos and stories – that way we can share your amazing efforts and help inspire others!
- Pay in your money – the money you’ve raised from your online fundraising page will be passed to us automatically, so you can sit back and relax.
You can also pay in any offline donations through our offline payment form.
If you’re doing a sponsored event, we can claim gift aid for an extra 25% on any eligible donations so no matter how you pay your money in, please send your sponsor forms to our address.
Give in celebration
If you're planning a wedding, celebrating a big birthday or have a special anniversary coming up, why not set up a special JustGiving celebration fundraising page and ask friends and family to make a donation to WMUK in lieu of a gift?
Giving in memory of a loved one
Many people ask for donations to a charity close to their heart in lieu of flowers at funerals. If you’re considering asking friends and family to donate to WMUK, we can help you.
If you would like to talk to us about holding a funeral collection or setting up a personalised online In Memory donation page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 3096 7858
When you shop at over 4,300+ top stores including John Lewis & Partners, Expedia and Amazon via Give as you Live, they'll turn a percentage of your spend into a donation for us!
Shopping through Give as you Live is no different to shopping online normally. It's just as secure and your shopping won't cost you a penny more.
To find out more about how Give as you Live works:
- Visit the WMUK page on Give as you Live
- Simply sign up, search for the retailer and start shopping. It's that simple!
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for WMUK with easyfundraising? There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/wmuk/ and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to WMUK at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and WMUK will be really grateful for your donations.